When to Protect Your Skin from the Sun
- Posted on: Jun 29 2016
It’s almost summertime! The sun is out, and people are spending more and more time outside. After spending months of your time indoors, it’s easy to forget about the importance of properly protecting yourself from the harshness of the sun. However, a few lifestyle changes can help prevent sunburn, such as effectively monitoring your fatty acids, increasing raw vegetable intake (particularly the vegetables which contain skin protecting antioxidant phytonutrients), and avoiding processed foods and sugars.
The sun does, however, have its benefits; it gives us vitamin D, and sunscreen actually blocks our ability to receive it. Therefore, it is recommended to only use sunscreen when you are unable to uncover and protect your skin.
Vitamin D has the following benefits:
- cardiovascular health
- lowers cholesterol
- improves muscle strength
- lowers blood pressure
- healthier immune system
- healthier kidneys
- healthier teeth
- stronger bones
To obtain these healthy vitamins, clothing, such as hats and sunglasses, can help shield bodies from unhealthy rays. However, if you are unable to cover exposed skin, be sure to use sunscreen to avoid a harmful sunburn.
It is crucial to ensure your sunscreen doesn’t contain any of these harmful ingredients:
- Para amino benzoic acid
- Octyl salicyclate
- Menthyl anthranilate
- Trolamine salicyclate
To easily ensure you are using an effective and safe sunscreen, Natural Sunscreen is 100% natural.
The active ingredients in this innovative sunscreen are:
- Sunflower oil – which contains vitamins A, D, and E
- Lecithin – found in plant cell membrane (soy)
- Coconut oil – a mild, and gentle moisturizer
- Glycerine – attracts the perfect amount of water in order to maintain skin’s homeostasis
- Jojoba oil – softens and moisturizes your skin
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E) – a natural preservative
- Shea butter – promotes and moisturizes healthy skin
- Eucalyptus oil – not only does this essential oil dissolve into your skin, but it also assists other oils to do so as well
You can purchase sunscreens that are easy on the skin and effective from European Wellness.
Please give us a call! Have fun in the sun, but remember to be careful!
Posted in: Blog