Britta’s Top 5 Fall Beauty Tips
- Posted on: Oct 4 2016
Fall is upon us, which means drier and colder weather for our skin and hair to endure. Just like the changing colors of the leaves, we should also change things up this fall to keep us looking young and healthy. Maintain your beauty this season with these 5 Fall Beauty Tips from Britta.
- Change up your face washing routine You don’t want to treat your skin the same during the fall as you would during the summer. Changing weather and humidity conditions have different effects on our skin. During the fall, it’s important to clean and exfoliate at least two times per week.Work in the use of a Retin-A one to two times per week before you go to bed at night. This powerful form of Vitamin A helps the skin renew itself, reducing the appearance of fine lines and mottled skin discoloration. Also, even though summer is coming to a close, use SPF 30 in the morning to ensure your skin is protected the rest of the day. Continue this routine throughout the fall to keep your skin looking young and beautiful.
- Change up that makeup! We love dramatic eye makeup during the fall, so try out some cat eyes for your next night out. It’s simple, just use your eyeliner to elongate the eyes. In doing so, you add intensity, and the effect of an instant eye lift! While you’re at it, add a little bit of autumn-inspired eyeshadow too. This fall we love shades of burgundy, navy and plum.
- Argan oil is your hair’s new best friend. Sometimes known as moroccan oil, Argan oil is a product of the Moroccan argan tree. It’s often dubbed ‘liquid gold’ for its amazing qualities. Argan oil contains large amounts of Vitamin E and fatty acids that help soften hair. Vitamin E also promotes healthy hair growth as it contains antioxidants that help boost cells and encourage them to produce healthy hair. Bonus: Argan oil is also fabulous for the skin.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. In the fall, the weather is hot and dry in southern California, so we need more moisturizer and hydration like hyaluronic acid. The job of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to retain moisture. When there is adequate water from inside and out, the skin looks more vibrant and is less prone to wrinkles.
- Treat your skin professionally. Consider a Dermaplaning appointment with us to remove sun spots and slough away dry, damaged skin cells. Try a Hydrafacial treatment to exfoliate and bring out refreshed, radiant skin that is ready to take on the crisp, fall air.
Posted in: Blog