When it comes to wellness- Britta says, “You are only as beautiful as you feel. Your beauty is a reflection of the daily choices you make. Choose well, feel well. The former Ford Model, Fitness Coach, and Registered Nurse suggests, ” Drinking plenty of water H2O, getting at least 8 hours of sleep, eating healthy, and staying fit- to feed your body and your soul. Nourish your brain with the proper nutrition and supplements. Your brain is only 3% of your body weight, but consumes 40% of our nutrients from fat and protein sources.”
To maintain a mental and physical balance in the body, it is really important to get a sound sleep. There are thousands of people who suffer from insomnia, which ultimately results in various health problems. When we sleep, our immune cells get charged up and recover the disease fighting capability. So to have a healthy lifestyle, good sleep is of utmost importance.
Reasons for not getting a Sound Sleep
- Some people are in the habit of watching TV while in the bed. Such people suffer from lack of sleep and get stuck with various health related problems.
- Too much coffee intake during office hours can also result in lack of sleep, as it contains caffeine.
- If you have an unbalanced diet at irregular intervals, it might cause a problem for you at night, while taking sleep. The body starts craving at night also and results in sleeplessness.
- Even an uncomfortable mattress or pillow can bother your sleep. So be very particular while selecting mattresses for your bed.
Effects of Sleeplessness
If a person is not able to sleep well at night, he may suffer from various diseases and awful outcomes. Some of the consequences which result from lack of sleep are:
- Short Memory
- Low concentration and alertness
- High Blood Pressure
- Lowered speed of repairing tissue
- Sleep walking
How to get a sound sleep?
- Before going to sleep, try listening to soft music or do some yoga for relaxing the body.
- Go to bed only when you feel sleepy.
- Avoid sleeping on couches or settee and choose a cozy bed while sleeping.
- Keep away from caffeine and alcohol, as they can give rise to lack of sleep as well.
Benefits of Sleep for a Healthy Lifestyle
- When we take a good sleep, we feel fresh and are able to perform our jobs with more concentration. A person who is suffering from lack of sleep might feel irritated and lethargic. This can result in slow metabolic process and one may not be able to focus on the daily jobs.
- Some people prefer sleeping for almost seven to eight hours and call it “Beauty Sleep.” This is due to the reason that a sound sleep helps us look much better and rejuvenates our skin. When we sleep, all the metabolic processes take place and toxins are cleansed from the body, thereby giving us healthy skin. This is the reason we feel fresh and relieved of dark circles.
- It has been proven scientifically that people who sleep well at night have comparatively more power to fight diseases than those who do not sleep soundly. When we sleep at night, the cells of our immune system get charged up and are prepared for the next 24 hours. To fight diseases we should sleep well at night.
A good sleep costs nothing, but is priceless. So sleep well and improve your beauty and lifestyle.
Why is it that no matter how hard we try, some fat just refuses to go away? If losing it were as easy as joining a gym, the term “stubborn fat” wouldn’t exist. The struggle is real, so here are a few helpful tips to finally rid your body of those last few inches:
Think H2O: Each day, try drinking half of your weight in ounces of water. If this seems difficult, try this trick: When you find yourself feeling hungry at odd times in the day, reach for a cup of water before grabbing food. This can help fulfill your craving, as often times, our mind tends to confuse hunger and thirst. Drinking that extra amount of water fills you up and keeps you from overeating.
Water is an awesome, natural metabolism booster: When your metabolism slows, your organs won’t function as efficiently, which slows your weight loss. Drinking lots of water, especially during a workout, is a simple step to increase your metabolism and aid your progress.
Never stop moving: Summer is approaching – get out and enjoy the sunshine! Running, biking, swimming and even walking help keep your heart rate up, and win over resistance training for weight loss exercises. Also, make sure your workouts are at least 30 minutes long to get the most out of your routine.
If you are already exercising regularly, increase your workout session by about 15 minutes and change up your workout routine. Altering the type of exercise you do, the frequency, duration and the intensity gives your metabolism an extra boost and helps to burn extra calories.
Take your diet seriously: In order to lose that stubborn fat, you can’t just decrease your calorie intake a few days a week and expect results. Get strict with your diet, but not to the point where you end up hungry. Try eating smaller, more frequent meals. Make sure you are eating lots of high-quality protein (chicken, fish and beans), fruits and veggies.
Try supplementing your diet. The AMA recently changed their position on supplements and decided that most Americans can’t get the nutrients they need from food alone. Adding a good multivitamin to your diet can help nourish millions of cells and keep you balanced.
Get support: Sticking to a weight loss goal can be difficult. Do you have a friend who is also trying to lose a few pounds? Ask them if they want to start a weight loss program with you. A combination of professional support and support from your friend can help you achieve the best results.
Get a little professional help: If you have tried everything you can to lose that stubborn fat, there are professional treatments that will certainly get the job done. And no, you don’t have to go under the knife for a risky surgery.
Try a safe, non-invasive treatment like Liposonix. This FDA-approved treatment uses ultrasound energy to blast unwanted fat and is perfect for targeting those “problem areas”. Best of all? You can see results after just one treatment. In fact, most patients report losing 1-3 inches, or one whole dress or pant size.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we’re all worried about looking and feeling our best for that special someone. In addition to deciding what to wear and squeezing in that extra workout, we need to consider the little things we can do to feel good about ourselves for that special day. So, here are a few simple tips to help you look and feel your very best:
1. Drink lots of water: Water can be a miracle elixir for your body and skin. It hydrates and refreshes you and keeps your body functioning properly. In this next week leading up to Valentine’s Day, try to drink more of it (Britta recommends drinking half your weight in ounces).
2. Get your beauty sleep: This one is simple; make sure to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep a night. More sleep means you’ll be in a better mood, your immune system will be stronger, and your body and skin will look and feel better.
3. Avoid salty foods: Salt leads to bloating, and bloating leads to us feeling, well, not our best. Limit your salt intake to ensure your tummy doesn’t feel full and uncomfortable on Valentine’s Day.
4. Pamper yourself: Get your nails and hair done, do an at-home face mask, or even schedule a Hydrafacial at European Wellness. Take some “me time” and relax. Whatever makes you feel pretty because let’s be honest, Valentine’s Day is about us women.
Have a lovely Valentine’s Day with that special someone, and have a glass of champagne for us!
Contact DetailsPhone: (888) 706-1245
Britta Wetteskind RN Founder
Brian Levine MD Board Certified Medical Director
Business HoursSunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 10am to 6pm
Friday: 10am to 3pm
Saturday by appointment only